Butte County Sustainable Communities Scholarship
• Applicant must have an area of study related to city and regional planning, urban studies, sustainable transportation planning, housing, climate change, climate policy, environmental studies, environmental policy, political science, public administration, or public health.
• Applicant must be a high school senior graduating from a public high school in Butte County* (Class of 2022) OR have graduated from a public high school in Butte County in the previous four years (including the graduated classes of 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021).
• Applicant must have a high school GPA of 3.5 or better. College or university-level applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.5 or better AND a cumulative college or university GPA of 3.5 or better.
• Applicant must be accepted to and plan to attend a University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), or California community college OR currently attend a UC, CSU, or California community college.
• Previous awardees of the Butte County Sustainable Communities Scholarship are ineligible to apply.
• Personal statement/essay: The personal statement/essay must be typed, double-spaced, and signed/dated by the applicant. See prompt within scholarship application portal.
• Two letters of reference; one must be from a current or former teacher or a current or former professor.
Scholarship Rules and Information
• Awardees must be enrolled full-time (12 units or more) in an accredited college or university. The scholarship must be used during the year immediately following the awarding of the scholarship.
• The scholarship committee will make awards based on eligibility, the essay, letters of recommendation, extra-curricular activities, and volunteer or work experience.
• Two $500 scholarships will be awarded.
* This includes Biggs High School, Chico High School, Durham High School, Esperanza High School (continuation), Fair View High School (continuation), Gridley High School, Inspire High School, Las Plumas High School, Oroville High School, Paradise High School, Paradise eLearning Academy, Pleasant Valley High School, Prospect High School (continuation), or Ridgeview High School (continuation)
Friday, April 15, 2021
Qualifying High Schools
Biggs High School
Chico High School
Durham High School
Esperanza High School
Fair View High School
Gridley High School
Inspire High School
Las Plumas High School
Oroville High School
Paradise eLearning Academy
Paradise High School
Pleasant Valley High School
Prospect High School
Ridgeview High School