Butte County Sustainable Communities Scholarship
• Applicant must be a high school senior graduating from a public school in Butte County*
• Applicant must have a GPA of 3.5 or better
• Applicant must be accepted to and plan to attend a University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), or California community college
• Applicant must have an area of study related to city and regional planning, urban studies, social studies, sustainable transportation planning, housing, public health, climate change, environmental studies, or a related field of study
NVCF scholarship applications are now closed.
• Two letters of reference
• Personal Statement: The essay must be typed, double –spaced and signed/dated by the applicant. Write an essay outlining your education or career goals (400-500 words in length)
Scholarship Rules and Information
• Awardees must be enrolled full-time (12 units or more) in an accredited college or university. The scholarship must be used during the year immediately following the awarding of the scholarship.
• The scholarship committee will make awards based on eligibility, the essay, letters of recommendation, extra-curricular activities, and volunteer or work experience
• Two $500 scholarships will be awarded annually
* This includes Biggs High School, Chico High School, Durham High School, Esperanza High School (continuation), Fair View High School (continuation), Gridley High School, Las Plumas High School, Oroville High School, Paradise High School, Paradise eLearning Academy, Pleasant Valley High School, Prospect High School (continuation), or Ridgeview High School (continuation)