The mission of the Be Forever Strong Team is to develop and support strong individuals in the classroom, so they may be strong in the rest of their lives.
Every person deserves the opportunity to become their best, find their purpose, and learn how to contribute to their society; however, in life, many factors can hinder that reality.
The Be Forever Strong Team is about:
▪ helping grow young people (14-18) to be individuals of strong character who can overcome life’s obstacles;
▪ mentors and fellow teammates supporting the formation and follow through of strong goals both academically and personally that positively impact the student’s own life as well as the lives of others;
▪ providing training in key developmental habits to make those goals a reality.
Currently, there are twenty-seven members at Pleasant Valley High School on The Be Forever Strong Team who have made the following commitments:
▪ to do the best one can academically, pushing past what is comfortable
(no missing assignments, seeking help when needed…)
▪ to an outstanding level of respect and integrity both in and outside of the classroom
▪ to help strengthen our community each year
▪ to be accountable to the team (coach, mentor, teammates, teachers)
▪ to take ownership in areas one may have fallen short and to get back on track
At the end of the 2014-2015 school year, grades were higher; students were excited to achieve in areas they did not think were possible, and individuals were wide-eyed at the discovery of what it feels like to help their community. Those personal discoveries were both energizing and contagious. Lives are being transformed and those young lives are positively influencing and attracting their peers.
Donating to The Be Forever Strong Team Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to individuals on the team at the end of their senior year to assist in their college endeavors, both rewarding their strong commitments and ensuring that money is not an inhibiting factor in pursuing their goals.
Thank you for your support!