The North Valley Community Foundation is launching the North Valley Center for Community Engagement and Leadership. As an innovative center for social venture. NVCF is expanding its community leadership by
Through the launch of the Center, NVCF is pursuing its commitment to identifying emerging challenges in our region. We address those challenges through bringing together diverse groups of problem-solvers, mobilizing resources, and equipping community leaders. We build and energize a community of engaged citizens and philanthropists who strengthen the common good.
Community foundations have traditionally helped local donors support local charities. North Valley Community Foundation is doing more — we are an active leader in their community. We have become actively engaged in important, sometimes controversial, regional issues. By becoming a “community catalyst” through more strategic engagement with our philanthropic partners, we can leverage our role in leading our community to more informed and strategic community engagement.
Two Roles: Motivate and Model
- A leading voice in community engagement
- Connecting others to their role in the community and abroad
- Give a platform for our community to share their story with other
- Partner with 1-2 special projects that actively address pressing community concerns through strategic citizen engagement and providing ongoing administrative and strategic resources.
- Partner with others to help get their amazing ideas off the ground.