Camp Fire Relief – Assistance FAQs

Help is available!

  1. Can individuals or families apply for funding through the Camp Fire Relief Fund?
    Funding through the Camp Fire Relief Fund will be provided to eligible nonprofit, government, corporate, and philanthropic organizations working on the ground in Butte County, big and small, that have been affected by the Camp Fire. In the emergency response phase (first 4 weeks of the crisis), funds are deployed to directly benefit those displaced by resourcing organizations to provide emergency shelter, food, clothing, supplies and medical care.

    We believe the most impactful way to help is by working with organizations that have first-hand knowledge of the needs of the communities, and how to scale solutions to reach all the people they serve. As a result, we are not accepting applications from individuals or families through the Camp Fire Relief Fund.

    Here are direct links to forms where individuals and families can request direct assistance.

    Tzu Chi –
    United Way –

  2. Where can I find other services?
    Please call 2-1-1 or go to the Butte County web page to get more information about shelters and services. The Local Assistance Center is open for residents impacted by the Camp Fire to connect with resources needed to recover and rebuild. Local, State, and Federal Agencies will be present to answer questions and provide assistance. LAC location: old Sears store at the Chico Mall.  Address: 1982 E 20th St, Chico. They are open every day until further notice: 9 am – 7 pm.

  3. Where can I find temporary, long-term, or permanent housing?
    Housing is obviously a priority and we are keeping careful track of progress on programs being developed by city, state, and federal agencies. In the meantime, there is a website maintained by the North Valley Property Owners Association where you can be matching with housing opportunities.

  4. Can anyone help me get gift cards for groceries/gas/etc.?
    Yes, our partners at the Chico Posse Foundation can help! We are actively funding their efforts to make sure that they continue to have resources to help those affected by the fire.

  5. How do I sign up for federal assistance?
    You can sign up for federal assistance through FEMA at
    or by calling 800-621-3362.

  6. I lost my pet in the emergency, how can I find out if an emergency animal assistance group has it?
    The North Valley Animal Disaster Group and Butte County are maintaining a website where rescued pets can be found.